Wednesday, April 02, 2008

The Day After April 1st

What is that old saying…fool me once, then shame on you. Fool me twice, then shame on me. Well, most of you were not fooled this time. All of the blog was true except for the pregnancy part. I thought that by posting on April 1st, it would be a clue as to the validity of it. So, I will provide you with another true tale. I promise to refrain from foolery for at least 364 more days.

A True Story
We have rats, rats, and more rats. We have battled these pests before, and I thought that we were rid of them. But alas, they have returned. I have been able to kill two, and one of them was huge. He had been living in my gas grill and storing up dog food. I opened the grill one night, and there he was. He met his end when he was met in the head with a 32-inch, 20 oz, aluminum bat that happened to be handy. I would get a cat to keep away the rats, but our dogs would kill the cat (it has happened already once). I set several traps before bedtime tonight so we can hope for success.

The biggest problem right now is that the rats appear to be nesting. When they get in this phase, they start looking for paper and/or fabric to make their nests. Somehow, they manage to get in our cars and chew up papers, socks, or anything that they can find. Twice now they have built nests inside the air condition vents of my Prado. The worst part is that I think one died in the ductwork. My car smells horrible. When I turned on the fan yesterday I heard a lot of noise, and now today it smells. It is growing worse, too.

The rats are about 6 inches long, minus the tail, so they are not so easy to catch. I am using that glue stuff that just catches them in the glue. The problem is that I have to put my traps in a place that the dogs cannot reach because I don’t want them to eat glue-covered rats. The glue is supposedly non-toxic, but it terribly messy and sticky. I really don’t need dogs with half eaten rats stuck in their mouths. Yuck!

Until next time....

Kevin

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Kevin -- Rats...Ick!! Good luck with them. We love keeping up with y'all thru your blog. Wanted to share some news of our own...Randy and I welcomed a baby girl, Susanna Lee, on Valentine's Day (No Joke!). We're so blessed!
Alex Locklear

9:41 AM  
Blogger Kris said...

Darren wants to know when to expect Christian. We have his room ready. Football Starts in June! His nephew, Dean Maraman, is moving back from Tennessee this summer. He is 6'4, 260 Freshman.

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home