Thursday, September 13, 2007







Hello There.

For the first time in our time in Africa, I am actually publishing a blog from my own home. We just got a new internet provider this week and it is Macintosh compatible. It is a bit faster and much more reliable than our previous provider, though also more expensive.

If you looked at the pictures in the previous two blogs, then you may be curious as to what you were looking at. The little boy in the red sweater is Moses. The boy in the striped rugby shirt is Sanjay. We are still very interested in adopting one or both of these boys. I will try to post some more pictures today if it works.

The house in the trees is in Naivasha at the Hovinghs and is property purchased by Heart of the Bride.

All of the other pictures are at Turtle Bay. I will try to post some more of those, too. One is of a lionfish in a tidepool but it is a bit difficult to see if you don't look closely.

We got home from our trip and jumped full swing back into ministry. I am preaching on a weekly basis and teaching two bible studies and participating in a third one. Pamela is also involved in women's ministry and helping teach their weekly bible study as they go through Galatians. It has been great to get reacquainted with the students after a long break. We had a retreat last weekend and an outing to Lake Victoria on Sunday after church, so it was a busy first week.

We had our first non-missionary visitor from the states this week...Pamela's father is here and we are very thankful for his visit. We are having a good visit and just hope that he gets to stay for his full two weeks. We just found out a few hours ago that his mother is very ill and may be near death.

I gained an additional responsibility this week that I had not planned for, but so far it is going well. I am teaching 6th grade science and math at a local Christian school. It is not the Word of LIfe School where our boys go, but another one nearby. They lost two teachers unexpectedly and really needed help so I agreed to teach until Christmas, and possibly longer. I only have four students, three girls and a boy. The girls are from South Korea, South Africa, and Rwanda. The boy is from Uganda. I teach the first two classes in the morning so that the time commitment is not too great.

It is raining hard again as I compose this and quite cool. Apparently global warming does not apply to Uganda. We have had unusually cool weather for about 4 months now.

If you sent me an email and have not heard back, then I apologize. Email piled up while we were on vacation and we have been without internet until yesterday since our return. We will try to catch back up, but we are pretty busy these days.

If Tennessee beats Florida this weekend, then I will post another blog very soon.

Also, another note about the African shirts. I like the shirts and wear mine. I just was opposed to our entire family wearing them at the same time as we went to church and lunch afterwards.

Blessings,
Kevin

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well...Kevin, guess you've already heard......Tenn. got swamped by the Gators....don't feel too badly, the Aub. tigers got bit by some bulldogs. No hogwash in Tuscaloosa though........

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home