Friday, January 19, 2007

Friday, January 19 ,2007

This will be quick because it is late and I need to get to bed so that I will be rested for our trip tomorrow. We are going on our first safari!!! We leave for Queen Elizabeth National Park bright and early tomorrow morning. You can probably google it and find out all you would ever want to know. It will take us about 7 hours to drive there on very poor roads. The boys are very excited and I am sure that I will be too once we actually arrive.

Some other good news: I am composing this blog while online in my own house. We finally have internet at home as of about 2 hours ago. It is very slow, but I will take it. Actually, I should be packing instead of writing this. Our email account was unlocked by Yahoo and we have read several emails. Sorry, I won't be responding until we return from our trip.

Other very good news: We received several care packages from the States that were incredibly appreciated and received with joy and thanksgiving by us all. Actually, I cannot tell you how wonderful it is to get a box and begin looking through it to see what we got. We received packages from Pam's mom, Pam's dad, the Tomaschkos, the Snyders, the Kennards, Lynette Connelly, and the Lowmillers all in this past week. We feel like we hit the lottery. We are amply supplied in breakfast bars and coffee creamer. I will write more later when I am not so tired, but I want those who sent packages to know how much it lifts our spirits to receive your generous gifts. We ate macarroni for dinner tonight and the boys were so excited.

I will learn how to post pictures on our blog site when we return from our safari so that you can see where we live and what our safari was like.

Everything is going well. Ministry has started back now that the university has reopened from Christmas break. You can hear more in about 5 days.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Cochrans said...

HOW EXCITING! We will be praying for you while you travel and anxiously wait for the pictures of your safari! Love you!

3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey -- Where are you???

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you ever coming back? I hope elephants didn't eat you or something!

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home